Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Dip

I thought it might be a good thing, for my first cooking escapade in the community kitchen, to make a dish you could easily "share" with passersby, should they be loitering around or passing through as you cooked.

Well I was right. And my new friend was as happy to talk to me while I cooked as he was to taste whatever I came up with. And he even approved of it, which solidified the friendship.

And I approve of this too. I think the sun dried tomatoes, which I normally dislike, gave the dip a perfect sweetness. And the ingredients and prep are super easy.

You need

  • 6 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
  • 4 oz. low fat cream cheese
  • 3 tbsp black olives, seedless
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley
  • black pepper to taste

  1. Place tomatoes in a small bowl and pour boiling water over them to cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until soft. Drain and chop coarsely.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and yogurt. Add tomatoes and olives, oregano, parsley and pepper. Stir.
  3. Spread over your favorite whole grain, high fiber, low calorie crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment